Consultation has concluded
Draft Holroyd Sports Ground Plan of Management & Landscape Masterplan.
Update 9 September 2019
The consultation period has now concluded.
The Draft Holroyd Sports Ground Plan of Management and Landscape Masterplan was adopted. on Wednesday 21 August. Please see the document library for the adopted plans.
Update 8 August 2019
The draft Plan of Management and response to submissions will be presented to Council on 21 August 2019. It is recommended that the Plan of Management be adopted.
The final draft Plan of Management,final draft Masterplan,Response to Submissions andPublic Hearing Report can be found on the right hand side of this page under Document Library.
The Council report will be available a week prior to the Council meeting here.
If you would like to address the Council at the meeting,please click here.
Have your say on Council's Draft Holroyd Sports Ground Plan of Management & Landscape Masterplan
A Plan of Management is required to be prepared for public land which is classified as community land under the Local Government Act 1993 and this is accompanied by a Landscape Masterplan for the area which shows proposed spatial changes. The Draft Holroyd Sports Ground Plan of Management and Landscape Masterplan provides a coordinated framework for decision making, enhancement and management of the open space and aims to integrate the vision and needs of the community and Council.
Consistent with Council’s objectives and the values and desired roles of Holroyd Sports Ground, the vision for it is:
Holroyd Sports Ground will be a high quality district sportsground for summer and winter field sports and complementary active and informal recreation activities, adjoined by the rehabilitated A’Becketts Creek.
The vision for Holroyd Sports Ground is reflected in the Action Plan in Section 4.
Specific objectives for the management of Holroyd Sports Ground include:
- Provision of community services, particularly sports facilities, which are accessible to all sections of the community and are appropriate to community needs
- Operation of the sports ground in a manner that has a minimum impact on adjoining land users
- Provision of a safe and healthy environment that meets reasonable community expectations
- Ongoing maintenance and replacement of existing Council assets as required and as funding becomes available
- Maintenance of a visually attractive and pollution free environment
- Management, development and conservation of natural resources.
To download a copy of the documents please click on the right hand side of this page under Document Library.
If you have any questions about the Draft Holroyd Sports Ground Plan of Management and Landscape Masterplan, please contact:
Cumberland City Council
P:(02) 8757 9000