Council wants your feedback!
September 2022 update:
Consultation has closed on the Prospect Pipeline Corridor - Draft Strategic Masterplan, and submissions are now being reviewed. Thank you to everyone who submitted feedback.
August 2022 consultation:
Cumberland City Council has prepared a new Strategic Masterplan to guide the development of a continuous, publicly accessible, open space commuter and recreational corridor between Prospect Reservoir in the west and Potts Hill in the east.
The vision for the Prospect Pipeline Corridor is to enhance the established corridor in the west whilst extending connections in the east utilising a portion of the water pipeline corridor, to provide recreational linkages for pedestrians and cyclists to nearby parklands and shopping precincts.
Guided by the NSW Green Grid strategy, which aims to deliver an interconnected network of open space connections throughout metropolitan Sydney, the Prospect Pipeline Corridor traverses the suburbs of Greystanes, Guildford, Chester Hill and Regents Park.
Key objectives of our Strategic Masterplan include:
- Connect to and heal country
- Stitch together existing open spaces and ecosystems
- Bring together communities
- Support active and equitable modes of transport
- Embed environmental resilience
- Retain existing infrastructure uses
The area of the Prospect Pipeline Corridor Study Area can be seen below:
The project is supported by the NSW Department of Planning and Environment and involves a range of stakeholders including local councils, state agencies, community groups, sporting associations, indigenous groups, residents and visitors. These groups have informed the development of the Strategic Masterplan and will continue to contribute to the detailed planning, design and implementation of initiatives within the plan.
There were several drop in sessions held for the Prospect Pipeline Corridor on these dates:
- Friday 2 September, 12pm - 2pm: Greystanes Shopping Centre
- Wednesday 7 September, 12pm to 2pm: Guildford Library
- Thursday 8 September, 12pm to 2pm: Regents Park Library
- Friday 9 September, 12pm to 2pm: Auburn Botanic Gardens Picnic area
Have Your Say
We encourage you to download a copy of the Draft Stragetic Masterplan for review from our document library.
During this community consultation period, residents are encouraged to submit their comments on the proposal by completing the feedback form below. If you prefer, you can complete email your submission, or write it out and post that in to the Council instead of completing it online. The consultation period runs from Monday 15 August until Monday 12 September 2022.
To Make A Submission on the Proposal:
Submissions concerning the above proposal are to be made by Monday 12 September 2022.
There are three ways you can lodge a submission:
- Complete an online submission below.
- Email it to Council@cumberland.nsw.gov.au
- Post it to The General Manager, Cumberland City Council, PO Box 42, Merrylands NSW 2160.