Have your say on proposed planning controls for targeted sites in the Merrylands and Guildford areas, as well as the Auburn and Lidcombe Town Centres
1 April 2021 Update:
Submissions for Merrylands and Guildfords areas and Lidcombe Town Centre have closed.
Submissions for Auburn Town Centre have been extended until Wednesday 21 April 2021.
March 2021 Consultation:
Cumberland City Council is undertaking early consultation on proposed planning controls for targeted sites in Merrylands, Guildford, Auburn and Lidcombe and we invite you to have your say.
The proposed planning controls respond to landowner proposals submitted during the preparation of the Cumberland Local Environmental Plan and resolved by Council, as well as new proposals prepared by Council officers as part of strategic planning for these areas.
Targeted planning control changes are proposed at the following locations:
- Merrylands Road, Merrylands (east of station)
- Merrylands Road, Merrylands (between Burnett Street and Chetwynd Road)
- Burnett Street Neighbourhood Centre, including 6 Burnett Street and 2 Ruth Street, Merrylands
- 7-10 Wayman Place, Merrylands
- View the Merrylands area proposal
- 32-34 Marian Street and 2 Bury Road, Guildford
- Victor Brazier Park, Excelsior Street, Guildford
- View the Guildford area proposal
Auburn Town Centre
- Gelibolu Precinct, Auburn (between Station Road, Dartbrook Road and Gelibolu Parade)
- Auburn Road, Auburn (between Beatrice Street and Helena Street)
- View the Auburn Town Centre proposal
Following community feedback, Council has extended the consultation period for the Auburn Town Centre sites and now invites submissions by Wednesday 21 April 2021.
Lidcombe Town Centre
Where no changes are proposed, the existing planning controls will continue to apply.
All submissions received in response to the early consultation will be considered by Council to inform the preparation of a Planning Proposal on the proposed planning controls.
How to have your say
The site specific proposals are available online until 31 March 2021 to allow for early consultation with the community. We encourage you to view the draft consultation material in the document library and have your say.
To Make A Submission on the Proposal:
Submissions for the Auburn Town Centre proposal only have been extended, and are to be made by 11pm on Wednesday 21 April 2021.
There are three ways you can lodge a submission:
- Complete an online submission below.
- Email it to Council@cumberland.nsw.gov.au
- Post it to The General Manager, Cumberland City Council, PO Box 42, Merrylands NSW 2160.
Please quote reference no. CS-219 in all correspondence.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact:
City Strategy Team
P: (02) 8757 9000
Join the conversation and have your say!