November 2022 update:
Consultation has closed on feedback for the proposed improvements to Phillips Park, Lidcombe, and submissions are now being reviewed. Thank you to everyone who submitted feedback.
October 2022 consultation:
In June 2022, we asked you to “Have Your Say” on proposed improvements to Phillips Park, Lidcombe. We received many responses from the community including various ideas to improve the park. Suggestions included:
- Better access and opportunities for walking and exercise
- Better and varied play opportunities for a wide range of ages and abilities
- Improvements to sporting fields including spectator seating, surface condition and configuration
- Dog-friendly facilities
- Provision for court sports such as basketball and badminton
- Provision of shade
- General provision of park furniture – seating, bubblers, bins, barbecue & picnic facilities
After the consultation period finished, we have prepared a masterplan for the Park showing short term improvements (Stage 2 works) as well a guide for the future of the Park. Your feedback has been an important part of preparing this draft Landscape Masterplan.
Now we want your feedback again!
Council values the opinions and suggestions of the community, and would appreciate your thoughts on the draft Landscape Masterplan for Phillips Park.
We encourage you to download a copy of the draft Landscape Masterplan for review from our document library.
During this community consultation period, residents are encouraged to submit their feedback on the draft masterplan. Submissions are open from Tuesday 25 October until Tuesday 22 November 2022.
To Make A Submission on this Proposal:
Submissions concerning this proposal are to be made by Tuesday 22 November 2022.
There are three ways you can lodge a submission:
- Complete an online submission below.
- Email it to Council@cumberland.nsw.gov.au
- Post it to The General Manager, Cumberland City Council, PO Box 42, Merrylands NSW 2160.