Council wants your feedback!
September 2022 update:
Consultation has closed on the Macquarie Road Project, and submissions are now being reviewed. Thank you to everyone who submitted feedback.
August 2022 consultation:
Council is seeking feedback about the proposal to upgrade the footpath of Macquarie Road from Parramatta Road to Simpson Street Auburn.
Council proposes to:-
- Reconstruct and widen the existing concrete footpath both sides of Macquarie Road from Parramatta Road to Simpson Street from 1.2 metres to 1.8 metres wherever possible
- Embellish the streetscape with additional street tree planting as per Site Plan below
- Apply colour and/or decorative artwork onto pavement at selected locations.
The proposed works will be funded by the NSW Government and delivered by Cumberland City Council at no cost to the resident. The proposed site is outlined below:
Subject to Council receiving no significant objections, the proposed works are anticipated to commence in September 2022, weather permitting.
To Make A Submission on the Proposal:
Submissions concerning the above proposal are to be made by Thursday 25 August 2022.
There are three ways you can lodge a submission:
- Complete an online submission below.
- Email it to Council@cumberland.nsw.gov.au
- Post it to The General Manager, Cumberland City Council, PO Box 42, Merrylands NSW 2160.