Find out the latest on our Her Way Cumberland intiative
August 2023 update:
Our Walkshops, pop ups and co-design workshops are now completed. Thank you to everyone who participated and provided valuable information and insights. That information is currently being reviewed and will help to develop our next steps in the Safer Cities: Her Way initiative.
We encourge you to register on the site and click the 'Follow Project' button on the top right of the page to receive updates on this project.
June 2023 update:
Council is exploring ideas to improve the perceptions of safety of women and girls in public spaces located around the train stations in Auburn, Guildford and Westmead.
The Safer Cities: Her Way program aims to increase women and girls’:
- Safety and access to public spaces (streets and open space).
- Active and meaningful participation in urban development and governance.
- Autonomous mobility in the city.
Cumberland Council is engaging with women and girls to understand their experiences and perceptions of safety around transport hubs in Auburn, Guildford and Westmead, and to explore their ideas to improve perceptions of safety. This will inform the implementation of safety interventions which will be delivered in one of these areas.
Have Your Say
Cumberland Council is seeking community input to inform safety interventions in Auburn, Guildford and Westmead, to make these areas safe, comfortable and welcoming places for women and girls at all times of the day and night.
To be involved, drop in to one of our pop-ups:
- Friday 23 June 2023, 9am - 11am, Guildford Rd pedestrian walkway through to carpark
- Friday 23 June 2023, 12pm - 2pm, Auburn, Queen Street Plaza
- Friday 23 June 2023, 3pm -5pm, Westmead shops Hawkesbury Rd
We will also be running Walkshops with a selected group of women and girls who live in Auburn, Guildford and Westmead on the following dates:
- Monday 19 June 2023 4pm - 6pm (Auburn)
- Tuesday 20 June 2023 4pm - 6pm (Guildford)
- Monday 26 June 2023 4pm - 6pm (Westmead)
NOTE: These sessions are now complete. Thank you to everyone who participated.