Consultation has concluded
August 2020 Update:
At the Council meeting held on 15 July 2020, Council voted to endorse the new Local Environment Plan.
The minutes of the council meeting are available for review. The final version of the Local Environment Plan and the Post Exhibition Report can be found in the document library for review.
July 2020 Update:
The survey is now closed, and submissions are now being reviewed. Thank you to all who provided feedback.
June 2020 Consultation:
New planning controls for Cumberland City
Cumberland City Council is planning for the future of Cumberland City and we encourage you to have your say on our new planning controls.
Draft Cumberland Local Environmental Plan
Council has prepared a Planning Proposal for the new Cumberland Local Environmental Plan. The Planning Proposal describes how the provisions of the Auburn, Parramatta and Holroyd Local Environmental Plans, as they currently apply to the Cumberland local government area, will be consolidated to provide a single planning framework for all of Cumberland City.
The Planning Proposal for the new Cumberland Local Environmental Plan includes:
- Harmonising existing planning controls into a single planning framework
- A consistent minimum lot size for dual occupancy development in Cumberland of 585 square metres
- Targeted changes to planning controls at selected locations, including Auburn Town Centre, Lidcombe Town Centre, Parramatta Road Corridor, Woodville Road Corridor and government owned sites
- New Cumberland Heritage List, with the proposed delisting of nine heritage items that no longer meet the NSW heritage criteria for assessing heritage significance
- Consistent planning approach for places of public worship
- Consistent planning approach for sex services premises
Where no changes are proposed, the existing planning controls will carry over into the new planning controls for Cumberland City.
The draft Cumberland Local Environmental Plan will be supported by a new Cumberland Development Control Plan.
For More Information:
Please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service Team on 02 8757 9000 if you have any questions about the new planning controls for Cumberland City.
Individual Phone Sessions - You can also book an individual phone session with a member of the Planning Team.