Have your say on our Draft Community Engagement Strategy
August 2022 update:
At its meeting on 3 August 2022, Council voted to adopt the Cumberland Community Engagement Strategy 2022.
The report that went to Council is available here.
July 2022 update:
Consultation has closed on the Draft Community Engagement Strategy, and submissions are now being reviewed. Thank you to everyone who completed our survey.
June 2022 consultation:
Whether you live, work, study or play in Cumberland, we want to hear your thoughts about our Community Engagement Strategy.
Community engagement is about having a say on Council decisions that impact you. The Cumberland City Council Community Engagement Strategy has been developed to guide engagement practices with the local community, businesses and stakeholders when Council is developing its plans, policies and programs. It outlines the guiding principles and approach for ensuring the community has an opportunity to have their say in a meaningful way.
Summary of Draft Community Engagement Strategy
This handy reference will allow you to find information in the Community Engagement Strategy quickly. You can read this information in more detail by downloading a copy of the Community Engagement Strategy from the document library.
Part A: Introduction
This section gives an overview:
- About the strategy - what the purpose of community engagement is for.
- About Cumberland City Council – the local government area and a snapshot of the community.
Part B: Strategic Framework for Community Engagement
This section covers the following:
- What is community engagement – An explanation about what community engagement is.
- Community engagement commitments – built on the core values, code of ethics and spectrum created by the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2).
- Who, how and when we engage – outlining the levels of community engagement for different projects and detailing how and when we will engage with residents, businesses, community groups and all stakeholders.
- Feedback and public exhibition and participation – how to get involved in projects and give feedback.
- Inclusive participation – the methods Cumberland uses to engage the community to ensure that all voices are heard.
Part C: Implementation Approach
- Objectives – Cumberland’s four engagement objectives for the local community.
- Action Plan – the way that Cumberland City will meet these objectives.
- Measuring our success – how we will evaluate
Have Your Say:
We encourage you to download a copy of the Community Engagement Strategy for review from our document library.
During this community consultation period, the residents are encouraged to submit their comments on the proposal by completing the feedback form below. If you prefer, you can complete email your submission, or write it out and post that in to the Council instead of completing it online. Submissions are open until 11pm Thursday 30 June 2022.
To Make A Submission on the Proposal:
Submissions concerning the above proposal are to be made by Thursday 30 June 2022.
There are three ways you can lodge a submission:
- Complete an online submission below.
- Email it to Council@cumberland.nsw.gov.au
- Post it to The General Manager, Cumberland City Council, PO Box 42, Merrylands NSW 2160.
Join the conversation and have your say!