Have your say on the Planning Proposal, Development Control Plan and Voluntary Planning Agreement for 45 Barcom Street Merrylands West
May 2021 update:
The survey is now closed, and submissions are now being reviewed. Thank you to all who provided feedback.
March 2021 consultation:
Council invites you to have your say on its planning proposal, draft Development Control Plan (DCP) and draft Voluntary Planning Agreement (VPA) for land at 45 Barcom Street, Merrylands West.
At its meeting of 15 April 2020, Cumberland City Council resolved to prepare a planning proposal to amend the Holroyd Local Environmental Plan 2013 (Holroyd LEP 2013) for the subject site.
On 20 July 2020, the planning proposal was endorsed by the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment requesting to proceed with conditions.
The proposal seeks to facilitate the redevelopment of existing Cardinal Gilroy Village to build a new seniors housing development for above site that involves the construction of 17 buildings with a range of uses. This is sought to be achieved via the following amendments to the Holroyd Local Environmental Plan 2013:
- Rezone the site from R2 Low Density Residential to R4 High Density Residential;
- Increase the existing Floor Space Ratio (FSR) from 0.5:1 to 0.85:1 (for entire site);
- Increase the existing Maximum Height of Buildings (HOB) from 9 metres to 15 metres (for entire site); and
- Add a clause to Part 6 Additional Local Provisions of the Holroyd LEP 2013 limiting retail/commercial floor space to 1,480 square metres.
A public benefit offer has been made in accordance with the Cumberland Voluntary Planning Agreements Policy.
During this time, we encourage you to view the exhibition material in the document library on this page and have your say.
The documents are available in hard copy form at:
- Auburn Customer Service Centre, 1 Susan Street, Auburn
- Merrylands Customer Service Centre and Library, 16 Memorial Avenue, Merrylands
- Granville Library, 1 Memorial Drive, Granville.
The planning proposal and supporting documentation is also on exhibition online from Monday 29 March 2021 to Friday 30 April 2021 to allow for consultation with the community. Please include Ref: PP2020/0011 on all submissions.
To Make A Submission on the Proposal:
Submissions concerning the above proposal are to be made by Friday 30 April 2021.
There are three ways you can lodge a submission:
- Complete an online submission below.
- Email it to Council@cumberland.nsw.gov.au
- Post it to The General Manager, Cumberland City Council, PO Box 42, Merrylands NSW 2160.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact:
Harinee De Silva
P: (02) 8757 9949
Join the conversation and have your say!