Council wants your feedback!
December 2022 update:
Consultation has closed on feedback for the early consultation for Westmead South, and submissions are now being reviewed. Thank you to everyone who submitted feedback.
October 2022 consultation:
Council invites you to have your say on planning for the future of Westmead South.
Following the preparation of the Westmead Place Strategy by the NSW Government, we are undertaking planning work to shape the growth of Westmead South over the next 20 years.
A concept land use plan has been developed with a focus on sustainable growth and development, a range of housing close to jobs and public transport, and opportunities to preserve local character in the area.
We are seeking your feedback to understand the key priorities, aspirations and values of the local community. This will enable us to progress more detailed planning for Westmead South, which is anticipated to be provided to the community for further consultation in 2023.
Following preparation of the draft Westmead South Master Plan, planning controls will be prepared to implement the growth envisioned through the planning undertaken for Westmead South.
On this webpage you can find the maps, plans, and information on which we’re seeking your feedback. We encourage you to review them and let us know your thoughts.
- Westmead South Concept Land Use Plan Map
- Westmead South Land Use Capability Study
- Westmead South Centre Traffic and Transport Study
- Social Infrastructure and Community Needs Assessment Report
- Contributory Heritage Map
Come and talk to us!
We held a number of drop in sessions and pop up stalls during the consultation period, allowing the community to drop in and ask questions
- Thursday 27 October, 9am - 12pm - Pop up stall, Westmead Progress Hall
- Saturday 29 October, 5pm - 9pm - Pop up stall, Diwali Festival, Wenthworthville
- Saturday 5 November, 2pm - 3.30pm - Drop in session, Westmead Christian Grammar School
- Thursday 10 November, 7pm - 8.30pm - Drop in session, Westmead Public School
- Saturday 12 November, 1.30pm - 3.30pm - Pop up stall, Oakes Centre
- Thursday 17 November, 7am - 11am - Pop up stall, Westmead Station
- Saturday 19 November, 9.30am - 11.30am - Pop up stall, Oakes Centre
- Thursday 24 November, 4pm - 7pm - Pop up stall, Westmead Station
Have your say
During this community consultation period, the community were encouraged to submit comments on the proposed concept plans by completing the feedback form below. The consultation period ran from Tuesday 25 October to Wednesday 30 November 2022.
Join Council's Community Voice Panel
Council is seeking Expression of Interests (EOI) from local community members to represent the local area in a Community Voice Panel on planning work for Westmead South. For more information please click tile below: