Have your say on the proposed Redevelopment of Wentworthville Community Hub
At the meeting of Council held on 7 April 2021, it was resolved by Council:
- In accordance with clause 168 (4)(a) of the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005, invite all applicants of the Expression of Interest Process to participate in a selective tender process for the proposed contract, for the redevelopment of Council’s site at Wentworthville.
- Immediately undertake a community consultation process/have your say campaign for 28 days seeking community feedback, with the results to be provided to tenderers as part of the selective tender process;
- Include Council’s minimum requirements as part of the selective tender process, the following: a) Approx. 2500 square metres for a library with council customer service facilities; b) An auditorium with stage for approx. 750 patrons with a sliding partition wall/curtain to half or quarter the number of patrons using the venue; c) Approx. 2000 square metres for a community centre; d) A multi-level carpark with a minimum of 300 public parking spaces; and e) the opportunity for all selective tenderers to provide an alternate proposal as part of their tender submission outlining any value add proposals, which may include potential changes to Council’s existing planning controls or proposed additions / alterations to community benefits for the subject site.
- Ensure a stronger emphasis is placed on the experience and knowledge of undertaking and delivering projects like the council required community benefits in item 3 above as part of the selective tender process; and 5. Receive a report at the conclusion of the selective tender process outlining the results of the tender and the Community Consultation process for Council’s determination.
In accordance with Council’s resolution, Council is preparing a selective tender process for the redevelopment of its site at Lane/Veron St Wentworthville. Council has resolved to explore the below minimum requirements on site. Council is now seeking community input and feedback on the scope and nature of the facilities proposed on site, to ensure any new facilities proposed are fit for purpose and tailored to the requirements of the community. Council has resolved to explore the seek the below requirements be delivered on site as a minimum:
a) Approx. 2500 square metres for a library with council customer service facilities;
b) An auditorium with stage for approx. 750 patrons with a sliding partition wall/curtain to half or quarter the number of patrons using the venue;
c) Approx. 2000 square metres for a community centre;
d) A multi-level carpark with a minimum of 300 public parking spaces;
Any feedback provided during the consultation process will be reviewed by Council officers and will be provided to all tenderers to be considered and included as part of the tender process. The results of consultation process will be summarised and be included in the final report to Council regarding the outcome of the Tender. Submissions close at 5pm, 12 May 2021.
To Make A Submission on the Proposal:
Submissions concerning the above proposal are to be made by 5pm 12 May 2021.
There are three ways you can lodge a submission:
- Complete an online submission below.
- Email it to Council@cumberland.nsw.gov.au
- Post it to The General Manager, Cumberland City Council, PO Box 42, Merrylands NSW 2160.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact:
Senior Coordinator Property Services
P: (02) 8757 9559
Join the conversation and have your say!