The NSW Government is looking how Artificial Intelligence can be used to benefit the community and is taking actions to ensure that AI is used safely, ethically and effectively. The NSW Government have an AI Strategy that outlines our vision for the use of AI, and ensures transparency, fairness and accountability.
Our strategy sets out the practical steps we will take as we develop more uses for AI. It includes an Ethics Policy and User Guide based on these principles:
- community benefit - deliver the best outcome for the citizen
- fairness - includes safeguards to manage data bias or quality risks
- privacy and security - keep data safe
- transparency - ensures citizens can question and challenge AI-based outcomes
- accountability - decision-making remains the responsibility of organisations and individuals
We are also forming an AI Advisory Committee with Government and non-Government experts to give us external and professional input on AI activity.
Have your say
Help shape how AI is used for the benefit of our state and its people.
Do a quick poll, share your ideas, ask a question or complete the survey. You can participate in as many ways as you choose.