Get Involved in Cumberland's Local Heritage Awards!
May 2021 update
Submissions have closed, and entries are being reviewed. Thank you to everyone who provided a submissions. Winners in each category will be announced here once they are finalised.
March 2021: Nominations open
Cumberland City Council is pleased to celebrate the people and heritage of our local area through the Cumberland Local Heritage Awards. Four categories are open for entry, with something for everyone ranging from the proud heritage homeowner, to the passionate heritage enthusiast, to the interested and creative local student. The Cumberland Local Heritage Awards aim to show Council’s appreciation for those who have an active role in preserving and maintaining Cumberland City’s heritage, and to those who demonstrate an interest in learning about local history.
- Category 1 showcases the Best Maintained Heritage Property.
- Category 2 recognises the best Restoration & Development (including adaptive re-use).
- Category 3 celebrates those passionate residents Researching Our Local History.
- Category 4 encourages children to learn about and engage with our local area through the Keeper of the Stone Children’s Heritage Award colouring competition.
For further information and to take part, please refer to the program guidelines, informational documents, and category entry forms linked below. We welcome your entry and participation!
The 2021 Cumberland Local Heritage Awards are open from Monday, 08 March 2021 - Friday, 30 April 2021. Any updates related to the awards will be posted here on this page.
NOTE: There are entry forms for the four categories below. You are able to enter as many categories as are applicable.
To Submit Your Entry:
Submissions concerning the above proposal are to be made by Friday 30 April 2021.
There are two ways you can lodge a submission:
- Complete an online submission below.
- Post a completed copy of the relevant category application form to The General Manager, Cumberland City Council, PO Box 42, Merrylands NSW 2160.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact:
City Strategy Team
Cumberland City Council
P: (02) 8757 9000